De Vere Orchard Hotel, University Park, Nottingham NG7 2RJ.
Are you up-to-date on conveyancing risk and fraud?
Geodesys have teamed up with experts in the fields of cyber security, environmental and property development to provide a highly informative seminar looking at the threats the modern conveyancer is exposed to and the best tools for remaining compliant (scroll down for more details on each session).
BOOK YOUR PLACE
To download a printable event flyer including agenda please click here.
Seminar topics and speakers
- Which Report? Identifying the correct report for your transaction. Presented by Chris Hatch, Landmark.
- Know your Fraud: A guide to ensuring your transactions are following due diligence. Presented by Paul Tucker, Lawyer Checker.
- Planning and Development Risk: identifying the risks and the guidance you should be offering. Presented by Paul Addison, DevAssist.
Please see below for more detail on individual sessions and timing.
09:00 Which Report?
A unique opportunity to review the risks covered in an environmental search for the local area, understand Law Society guidance on contaminated land and find out more about ground stability and energy. Chris will discuss the impact of all these risks on property transactions along with search options available to inform and protect all parties.
Speaker: Chris Hatch, Landmark
10:30 Know your Fraud
Cyber security and fraud is a hot topic within the legal industry, Did you know that 69% of firms have been affected by cybercrime?
This session looks at the tools you need to ensure your transactions are following due diligence. Utilising case studies to illustrate conveyancing fraud and how it continues to occur within the industry. Discussing what can and should be done to enhance the risk management processes within firms.
Speaker: Paul Tucker, Lawyer Checker
11:30 Planning and Development
Did you know that 85% of urban properties have one or more unexploited development risks within 75m of the property?
DevAssist provide useful information on planning and development risks that your clients are exposed to, and elaborate on what guidance you should be offering. The seminar content includes:
- Development in the UK
- National Planning Policy Framework
- Examples of risk and hidden value case studies
Speaker: Paul Addison, DevAssist
Why should you attend?
- Three hours of free, professional training from industry experts and commentators
- Contribute to your annual record of training and development
- Industry specialists give you up-to-date information on fraud and cyber security as well as industry comment
- Our experts demonstrate how to use the correct search products for client protection
- Real life case studies will be discussed to highlight relevant aspects that may affect your clients
"Very good - thought provoking"
"Made me reconsider what searches to order on different cases"
"Very informative on recent changes in legislation"
09.00 Which Report? Identifying the correct report for your transaction
10.30 Know your fraud
11.30 Planning and development risk
De Vere Orchard Hotel, University Park, Nottingham NG7 2RJ
Complimentary parking is available on site.
For travel by car, use the following postcode: NG7 2QL.
The nearest stations are beeston Station and Nottingham. There are over 30 direct trains that travel between St Pancras and Nottingham on a daily basis.
For more information contact Justine on 01480 325845 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.