Geodesys Complaints Process
Whilst we make every effort to ensure that all our searches are accurate and dispatched in a timely way, we understand that occasionally things may not go as planned. We will always try to resolve a query or complaint immediately. If for some reason this isn’t possible or you are not happy with the course of action taken by us, you can request that we escalate the issue internally or refer your complaint to an independent third party.
- it is not possible to resolve your complaint immediately, we will take all the details, investigate your complaint and respond within 5 working days.
- it is a complex issue requiring more time, we will still contact you within 5 working days to update you with our progress.
- you would like us to liaise with a third party who is acting on your behalf, just let us know.
- we do not contact you within 5 working days of you raising the complaint, you are entitled to £50 compensation.
- we consider your complaint to be justified we will :
- Refund your search fee.
- Provide you with a revised search.
- Take all action within our control to put things right.
- Keep you informed at all times.
- we cannot resolve your complaint or have failed to comply with the complaints procedure you can :
- Let us know and we will escalate your complaint.
- Refer the issue to an independent body such as the PCCB or TPOs. (See below).
The Property Codes Compliance Board (PCCB)
The Property Codes Compliance Board independently monitors how registered search firms maintain compliance with the Search Code. Geodesys is registered with the Property Codes Compliance Board (PCCB) as a subscriber to the Search Code.
The Search Code :
- Provides protection for homebuyers, sellers, estate agents, conveyancers and mortgage lenders who rely on the information included in property search reports undertaken by subscribers on residential property and commercial property within the United Kingdom.
- Sets out minimum standards which firms compiling and selling search reports have to meet.
- Promotes the best practice and quality standards with the industry for the benefit of consumers and property professionals.
- Enables consumers and property professionals to have confidence in firms which subscribe to the Code, their products and services.
Please ask us if you would like a copy of the Search Code.
The Code’s core principles
Firms which subscribe to the Search Code will :
- Display the Code logo prominently on their search reports.
- Act with integrity and carry out work with due skill, care and diligence.
- At all times maintain adequate and appropriate insurance to protect consumers.
- Conduct business in an honest fair and professional manner.
- Handle complaints speedily and fairly.
- Ensure that all search services comply with the law, registration rules and standards.
- Monitor their compliance with the Code.
You can get more information and contact details from www.propertycodes.org.uk.
The Property Ombudsmen scheme (TPOs)
If your complaint has gone through our complaints procedure and you are dissatisfied with the response or it has exceeded our response timescales, you may refer your complaint for consideration under The Property Ombudsman scheme (TPOs).